Student Intern Positions Available
The Office of Regional Stewardship is currently hiring student interns. We have two E-Mentor student intern positions available and one Regional Stewardship and Regional Programming Marketing Intern and Middle School Tour Guide poisition available.
Job Descriptions and links to apply:
Regional Stewardship and Regional Programming Marketing Intern and Middle School Tour Guide
Position Description: This position will work to support the Office of Regional Stewardship’s marketing and outreach efforts and will serve as the middle school campus tour liaison and guide.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in social media and PR campaigns/promotions designed to raise awareness for the office of Regional Stewardship as well as programs and events hosted by Regional Campuses/Regional programming. This may include scheduling social media posts, website updates, as well as event photography.
- Assist with media release creation and dissemination.
- Produce compelling stories designed to promote and support the Offices of Regional Stewardship and Regional Programming.
- Quarterly newsletter design, content creation, and dissemination.
- Design and launch marketing campaigns for organizational unit.
- Serve as the campus tour guide for Middle Schools in the EKU Service area – this will include working with working with schools and the EKU office of Admissions to schedule, plan, and host group tours (training will be provided).
- Assist other units with projects on an as needed basis.
- Assist Regional Partnership intern with All “A” classic tournament coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
**A writing sample is required**
Minimum Qualifications: Must be enrolled full-time.
Major: English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Recreation and Park Administration, or Business.
Desired Qualifications: Excellent Communication and writing skills (writing sample required), knowledge of photography and design software preferred.
Link to apply: https://jobs.eku.edu/postings/16479
E-Mentor Intern Job Description:
Through the Eastern Kentucky University LINC Program, E-mentors will be working for the Knox Promise Neighborhood, and Perry Promise Neighborhood E-Mentoring Program to implement a college and career readiness curriculum to be used at middle and high schools in during the fall 2021 semester. Schools served by Knox Promise Neighborhood and Perry Promise are eligible to participate.
The e-mentor will monitor Blackboard submissions daily to ensure all content is appropriate and applicable to students. The e-mentor will also interact with students via Blackboard Discussion Board and assignment submissions to encourage learning and growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate the Promise Neighborhood mission and vision to students
- Monitor Blackboard submissions daily for appropriate content
- Provide feedback to students on their assignment and discussion submissions
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.
Ability to operate the following vehicles or equipment:
- Standard office equipment – computer, telephone
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of challenges facing low-income and first-generation college students in rural areas
- Understanding of low-income youth and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly through technology and in person.
Confidentiality and background check, including social media check.
This position is not budgeted for Visa Sponsorship
Required Education: HS Diploma
- One (1) year of experience working with youth/young adults in a group and one-to-one setting.
- Familiarity with college access and success best practices, including post-secondary financial aid.
- Knowledge of challenges facing low-income and first-generation college students.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
This is NOT a remote work position. All interns work from the Regional Stewardship offices. Locations include EKU Main Richmond Campus and EKU Corbin.
Link to apply: https://jobs.eku.edu/postings/16722
Published on August 17, 2021